Liberal Baptist Pastors Dine with Obama, Sudanese arresting and re-arresting Christians, ISIS on the Loose and Angry in Mosul, while Christians want Christian moms to know it’s Okay to wear a Swimsuit this summer. Later, Pastor Gary talks about the Commandment to remember the Sabbath, and why that doesn’t mean “don’t do any work”.
Southern Baptist Pastor to visit White House for LGBT month celebration
Supreme Court strikes down Abortion Clinic Law
Christian Radio DJ arrested and fired for Child Sex Abuse
Ibrahim Ishag set free, then re-arrested by Sudanese Government
Christian Father in Mosul, Iraq kills self when Muslims rape wife and daughter
China Churches are getting torn down and Crosses removed, Richard Dawkins sneaking into church services? Pro-marriage group being forced to disclose their donor’s names, The Boy Scouts are down but not out, and Sudan is counting down to hanging a Christian woman for being Christian. All this and Christian fruits and a forest that needs to be cut down, this week on RGR.
On Today’s edition of Radical Grace Radio, Christian dropouts are returning, Suntrust delists the Benham Brother, Trail Life is rising, a Mega Church Pastor admits to lying about Abuse, and a Sudanese Christian is to be put to death for Apostasy.
Also, I got another Jesus Prayer Rug in the Mail. It’s a “Holy Spirit Letter”, it says. Find out more inside.
Boka Haram, it turns out, mean “Western Education is Sin”. So, why is Baka Haram using Western Education in their Terrorist Activities? Also, Flip it Forward gets flipped out the door, Heaven is more real than Son of God, the Supreme Courts says it’s okay to pray, and a gay divorcee is glad gays are just like other divorcees. Seriously, he is. That and it’s Good Shepherd Sunday.
Dobson goes after the Obamainator, The Shack is becoming a movie, A Chinese Church comes tumbling down, and Christian girls are still missing in Nigeria.
Also, why is that when it comes to personal responsibility, even we Christians will want to maintain the Status Quo rather than take on institutionalized sin? All this and more on RGR.
Chinese Mega-Church demolished in spite of congregation’s efforts to stop it
Bishop refuses to allow Georgians to bring Guns to Church
Girls still missing in Nigeria, Boka Haram intends to sell them as slaves
Who is the guy behind “Tips for Jesus”? Also, Faith Driven consumers reject Noah, Nuns in prison, Scientists read their Bibles, and being Saved as though through fire.
1. The mystery diner who’s been leaving large tips in the name of Jesus is rumored to be former PayPal Vice-President Jack Selby. According to San Francisco Chronicle, the tipper has left some $130,000 in gratuities in more than a dozen cities in the United States and Mexico during the last six months.
2. Faith Consumers’ Don’t Want Biblical Movies Not Based on Bible”. According to a report in the Christian Post, a new survey of “faith-driven consumers” finds that 98 percent would not be “satisfied with a biblically themed movie – designed to appeal to you – which replaces the Bible’s core message with one created by Hollywood.” This news is said to be bad news for Paramount Pictures, which is set to release the Movie “Noah”, starring Jennifer Connelly and Russell Crowe on March 28th. The project has been scrutinized by Christians for over two years ever since an early draft of the screenplay was leaked online. Heads at Paramount are said to be in full Damage Control mode, since the movie has cost over 125 million dollars to produce.
4. An 84 year old nun who broke into a Nuclear facility in July of 2012 has been sentenced to 3 years in prison. Sister Megan Rice and two others were convicted last may of breaking into the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge and could have received up to 20 years a piece for the crime. “Please have no leniency on me,” Rice told the federal Judge in the case, “To remain in prison for the rest of my life would be the greatest honor you could give me.”
5. Four South Korean Christians on a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land were killed in a suicide bombing. 14 others were injured. According to a report on thespec.com, the group from a Presbyterian Church south of Seoul, were touring biblical sites in commemoration of the church’s 60th anniversary when a bomber pushed through into the bus and detonated explosives, killing the driver and three others. The group was to have visited Egypt, Israel, and Turkey over a 12 day period.
6. North Korea has arrested another Christian Missionary. The New York Times reports that Australian John Short, 75, was arrested in PyongYang on Sunday the 18th after he entered the country from China with religious materials that had been translated into Korean. The arrest of Mr. Short comes a little more than a year since Kenneth Bae was arrested under similar circumstances. He was sentenced to 15 years hard labor for “hostile acts” against the nation. This was Short’s second trip to North Korea
7. Pastors in central Kenya marched on the governors office of Nyeri county to protest a Finance Bill that would charge preachers for speaking outside of their churches. Christianity today reports that hundreds of pastors representing 1200 churches in the county attempted to contront governor Nderitu Gachagua because of provision in the bill that would have charged pastors 10,000 Kenyan shillings ($117) per day to preach in a stadium, 8000 KES ($93) outside a stadium and 5000 KES ($58) in rural areas. Nyeri county is not the first to consider such measures. A proposed law in Nairobi County would charge churches up to 50,000 KES (580) per day for use of public parks in Kenya’s Capital.
8. 2 Million U.S. Scientists Identify As Evangelical!! According to an article in Christianity today, Sociologist Elaine Howard Ecklund reported that a study of Scientists found that 17 percent identified as evangelicals. Ecklund authored the book ‘Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really Believe’ in 2010 said that the both her book and this new study by a pervasive assumption that science if the enemy of religion. Interesting factoids from the study include that evangelical scientists are more likely to attend church and read religious texts, in other words… Read their Bibles.
9. And in a follow up story from last week, Pastor turned Atheist Justin Vollmar has been described by his former church as a “vengeful, pathological liar” for statements Vollmar made in a CNN article this past Monday. Christian Post reports that Terry Michael (boo kholes)Buchholz, senior pastor of the Hampshire View Baptist Deaf Church in Silver Springs, Md., can prove that Vollmer’s claims that he was made to work 60 hours per week for “little pay” while the senior pastor was paid $80,000 per year, are untrue. Vollmer also said that the way he was treated at the church is what began his fall into unbelief. He said in the article, “”I resigned my position and was shunned by the church. My faith in God was severely shaken. I started to have doubts about the Bible’s claims. I questioned whether God’s love, which is supposed to reside inside Christians, was real.”
Episode 80: Who’s persecuting who?
Believe or not sometimes Christians want to be persecuted. They do. Seriously.
Also Pastor Gary tells us what he thinks is the real problem with the culture today.
To listen to the show you can click on the play button or right click on “get mp3” and choose “save target as” to save to your computer.
Episode 64: An Interview with Reverend Seth Florentino
Greetings and Welcome to a Special Edition of Radical Grace. Today I have the Reverend Seth Florentino of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in the Philipines, Who has been in the middle of a controversy involving the courts in the Philipines, believe it or not, over Holy Communion. A judge wants Seth and his Synod to Practice open communion with a Rival Lutheran Group, and very likely the Judge will issue a contempt order to have Seth and two other pastors thrown in Jail. All because he stands by the word of God and the Lutheran Confessions.
To listen to the show you can click on the play button, click on “Windows Media” to open in a new tab, or right click on “get mp3” and choose “save target as” to save to your computer.